Today is May 17, exactly a month from the day Jed had major brain surgery.
Tomorrow Jed was supposed to start radiation, followed by chemotherapy.
When we first learned about the return of Jed’s brain tumor, we were told that we would definitely be doing treatment, and needing to stay in Salt Lake until the end of August. It was all so hard to wrap our heads around, especially for Jed, who just began his dream career.
The day before Jed’s surgery, I posted on social media to let everyone know of the situation, and asked them to pray for us, and if possible, to run a mile for Jed. The mile represented one day at a time for Jed, or one step, or for Jed- one milestone to overcome at a time. We knew we had a long road ahead of us, and that was the only way I could think to help us break it down into something possible.
But what happened after that, still leaves me in awe. .. Hundreds of people sent me messages that they were praying and/or fasting for Jed. Over 500 people ran a mile for him!! I couldn’t believe it!
At the time, I thought it was Jed that needed this motivation. One mile at a time.
But as the pictures and videos of people holding up the number one after a run starting pouring in as I was waiting for Jed in surgery, I realized .. they were really for me.
They gave me hope, they took my mind off worrying about the possible things that could go wrong, they gave me strength that I can’t even describe. They showed me that I was not alone. I’ll never forget the love I felt.
I strongly believe that when you serve someone, such as dedicating a run for them- you are praying for them. “When you are in the service of your fellow beings, you are only in the service of your God” God heard your prayers, and I want you each to know that he hears you!
Here below is the video "The Wright Fight" of all the pics and videos that I compiled that I made for Jed.
I'm sorry if I missed any of your pics or videos! I was so amazed at how many came in, thank you again so much! Jed was so touched and we were both emotional when we watched it.
The Wright Fight (YouTube video)
2 weeks ago, Jed and I got a phone call about the results about the oncology (cancer) report. Our doctor told us that the tumor hadn’t changed or progressed, and that it was still a grade 2 astrocytoma. This was huge news for us! But then he continued to tell us that not only had the tumor not changed, but since the surgeon had gotten the whole thing, that they met as a board specifically about Jed... And felt that Jed didn’t need to get cancer treatment because of his amazing prognosis. He also mentioned that in his career, he’s never seen a patient like Jed’s fortunate outcome and options. Jed and I were in shock as he told us these words.
If you know someone that has gone through cancer treatment, especially on the brain, you know how incredibly hard it is, and the recovery is long. I am still almost in denial that, with the Lord’s will, he allowed Jed and I to be so blessed. That we had every best case scenario that we could’ve in this entire situation. I know it isn’t because He loves us more than others. I know that He deeply loves ALL his children. I might not ever know why- but I do know that a big part of that is because of all of your prayers and your faith. THANK YOU.
We will forever be grateful.
Sunday is my favorite day of the week. As I have been pondering the goodness of the Lord, I keep reflecting on my favorite quote from a member of my church (The Church of Jesus Christ of LatterDay Saints) a pioneer of the handcart company. When the pioneers came to settle in Utah, some who couldn’t afford a wagon, came by hand carts that they pulled themselves. They suffered unimaginable trials on the trails as they pulled their family and only belongings to be able to worship freely with the saints. Hundreds died before they ever arrived, mostly from hunger and the cold. But they never regretted the experience that they went through. This is what Francis Weber who was part of that said,
“Mistake to send the Hand Cart Company out so late in the season? Yes. But I was in that Company and my wife was in it. . . . I have looked back many times to see who was pushing my cart but my eyes saw no one. I knew then that the Angels of God were there. Was I sorry that I chose to come by hand cart? No. Neither then nor any minute of my life since. The price we paid to become acquainted with God was a privilege to pay and I am thankful that I was privileged to come in the Martin Hand Cart Company.”
I echo Francis. As difficult as this trial has been, and will continue to be, the price we paid to know God and the angels that have been with us all along, was a privilege to pay. I’m so grateful for the angels in heaven and on earth (all of you) that pushed our cart. We’re forever changed, and will do our best to serve Him all our life for the blessings He has given us.
“Then sings my soul! My Savior God to Thee.
How Great Thou Art! How Great Thou Art!”
#braintumor #miracles #leanonjoy #HowGreatThouArt #onemileatatime #angelsamongus
#TheChurchofJesusChristofLatterDaySaints
Comments