This is by far the most vulnerable post I have ever done.
I have hesitated to share such a personal thing, but I feel strongly that I need to do it, so here it goes-
I absolutely LOVE the mountains. 🥰
Living away from Utah has really made me miss them even more.
Last week I went on a hike with family and reflected while up there, the mountains that have been in my life.
Trials, challenges, and other things that have come that I’ve had to climb.
I’ve realized that although those climbs are hard, every single one of them have also been so beautiful.
If we just chose to look, we will see the good in the hard.
We will also see the people that are there to help us get to the top, this is my favorite part of the climb.
So I hope with this current mountain that I’ll be talking about, the beauty in the journey will unfold as I go.
Six years ago, on April 1, 2015 I got breast implants.
I didn’t really have much to begin with,
But after nursing 3 babies, I was really left with nothing! 🙈
I felt very unsexy and was self conscious of my chest.
No one ever said or did anything to encourage me to get them done.
I “did it for me.”
The surgery and recovery was the most painful thing I’ve ever been through..
But “beauty is pain” I guess??
For two years I felt fine.
But on July 3rd 2017, while visiting Kanab for the 4th of July, I woke up in a panic gasping for air.
It was so scary and I just couldn’t seem to catch my breath.
My chest hurt with each inhale.
I couldn’t breath, and even blacked out in Jeds arms before he took me to the ER,
.. they couldn’t find anything wrong.
I was so tired, I slept for 3 days straight and still was short of breath the whole time.
I slept through the breakfast, I slept through the parade and missed my kids experience all the fun.
It took me an entire month to feel normal again.
But that was the beginning of mysterious symptoms that began to appear.
Some of the main ones were..
Little muscle twitches all over my body
Heart palpitations
Anxiety
Anxiety attacks
Neck pain
Hair loss
Irregular periods
Depression
Brain fog
Unexplained weight gain
Memory loss
Insomnia
Dizzy spells
And extreme fatigue and weakness...
After getting so many tests and blood work done repeatedly and for them to come back normal, I felt discouraged that this was just me, and the rest of my life will be like this.
I used to run and do marathons and triathlons, and lately going for just a three mile run puts me out for the rest of the day.
I thought that a lot of these symptoms were from the stress of my husbands health last year and homeschooling the kids in the middle of the pandemic.
I even left my job to focus on my health,
And I thought I was getting better.
But lately my health is back to the way it was, I even had a two week episode where I was too weak to get out of bed for two weeks. I thought it was COVID, but my gut has been telling me it’s something else.
Most of these symptoms began before 2020, and so I knew there was something going on, I just didn’t know what.
Thanks to an old friend posting her experience with BREAST IMPLANT ILLNESS, I felt SO drawn to her story and was very curious.
I reached out and she led me to an amazing Facebook group about BII.
For the first time in a long time I felt like I wasn’t alone anymore.
I’d read other women’s stories and felt like I was reading my own words!
All this time I just thought I was crazy!
After reading about the health issues that so many women have had, caused from breast implants, it didn’t take me long to call a surgeon and book a consultation.
I’ll be getting my breast implants taken out TODAY July 16th while I’m here in Utah 🎉
Because of the toxins that breast implants leave behind, it is called an enbloc surgery where he will cut out everything around the implant, right against my chest wall which protects my heart and lungs. It’s an invasive surgery, which will require some time to heal.
I was also led by divine design to a new friend who with her husband have their own wellness clinic where we currently live. ( Restore Wellness RGV)
He is the ONLY one in the entire valley that practices functional medicine.
Coincidence? I think not! 💕
They are already helping me on my journey to better health!! 🙏🏻
He’s helped several women in my same shoes, and has seen amazing healing with explant surgery, and detoxing and supplementing.
I’ll be posting a lot about how they will be helping me for those that might be curious or in a situation similar to mine.
I’m so grateful God has heard my prayers and fasting all these years, and has led me to the right people to help me heal.
I’m looking forward to getting my health back, and to help others find inner beauty and strength as I begin this new journey and share as I go.
There are a few reasons I am posting this.
1. To help others just like me, that might not know what breast implant illness is, and help them find answers if they are having symptoms.
If this just helped one person, it would be worth it to me 🙏🏻
2. To help anyone that might be considering getting breast implants to do their research and learn the risks. What I’ve learned so far with the hours of study and learning, is that BII is very common, we’re just not being educated about it.
3. For support. This has been a very scary and difficult road and I’m nervous for surgery and recovery. 😳
Having support, prayers, and a place to share my journey will really help with the emotional healing ahead.
For those of you who have a mountain you are currently facing- you are not alone!
You got this! ! Just one step at a time.
Don’t forget to look and see all the people and miracles in your path. They are there, I promise.
Thank you for letting me share in a safe space, and if you have any questions or feel like you need to reach out, please don’t hesitate! ❤️
#breastimplantillness #breastimplants #icandohardthings #explantsurgery #BII

Comments