This picture accurately displays how this day changed everything.
Just a week earlier, Jed had the scary epidode that almost shattered us both- but we tried to stay strong and hold the walls.
He got an MRI to make sure his tumor from 10 years ago wasn't misbehaving.
He goes to annual check ups and so far everything has been great.
The radiologist sent the report to our oncologist in Utah with a note that said
"No sign of regrowth" but we'd have to wait for our own neuro team to compare it to previous scans.
We felt really optimistic and trusted the report to be true. What a relief we felt!
On April Fool's we got a phone call that broke through the wall,
and did some pretty good damage to the metaphorical house that we have been working so hard putting back together since Jed's surgery in 2010.
Unfortunately they saw the tumor that was removed, growing back in a different area of Jed's brain.
He will need brain surgery, followed by radiation and chemo.
We were devastated. I honestly believed that that chapter was forever closed.
That wound had been closed and healed and left a nice scar, I never planned on it ever being reopened.
Brick by brick we built our lives from such a hard and scary time.
Brick by brick I felt that we would never ever have to relive the trauma that we faced 10 years ago.
But.. with every brick that is placed, also comes strength and experience,
and just like we rebuilt our lives, we also rebuilt our character,
and I am looking to that with gratitude right now that the strength I gained from that experience will help get through this new one, and help me build again.
We have the blue print and we know it works.
It's God and his miracles, and the angels in heaven and on earth.
It's looking for the good and the tender mercies along the way.
It's never giving up and finding ways to stay grateful.
It's having faith and believing that God is in control.
It's knowing that I am never alone- I have my Savior always by my side.
It's the love and kindness from all those around me,
Without those things, I would stay broken for a very long time.
Just a week earlier, Jed had the scary epidode that almost shattered us both- but we tried to stay strong and hold the walls.
He got an MRI to make sure his tumor from 10 years ago wasn't misbehaving.
He goes to annual check ups and so far everything has been great.
The radiologist sent the report to our oncologist in Utah with a note that said
"No sign of regrowth" but we'd have to wait for our own neuro team to compare it to previous scans.
We felt really optimistic and trusted the report to be true. What a relief we felt!
On April Fool's we got a phone call that broke through the wall,
and did some pretty good damage to the metaphorical house that we have been working so hard putting back together since Jed's surgery in 2010.
Unfortunately they saw the tumor that was removed, growing back in a different area of Jed's brain.
He will need brain surgery, followed by radiation and chemo.
We were devastated. I honestly believed that that chapter was forever closed.
That wound had been closed and healed and left a nice scar, I never planned on it ever being reopened.
Brick by brick we built our lives from such a hard and scary time.
Brick by brick I felt that we would never ever have to relive the trauma that we faced 10 years ago.
But.. with every brick that is placed, also comes strength and experience,
and just like we rebuilt our lives, we also rebuilt our character,
and I am looking to that with gratitude right now that the strength I gained from that experience will help get through this new one, and help me build again.
We have the blue print and we know it works.
It's God and his miracles, and the angels in heaven and on earth.
It's looking for the good and the tender mercies along the way.
It's never giving up and finding ways to stay grateful.
It's having faith and believing that God is in control.
It's knowing that I am never alone- I have my Savior always by my side.
It's the love and kindness from all those around me,
Without those things, I would stay broken for a very long time.
Photo by Justus Menke on Unsplash
