Gratitude



I cannot express enough how much gratitude I feel today for the outpouring of love and support that so many have given us. I have been changed forever with the kindness of so many people. Some I haven't talked to in so long, or even know, that were willing to run or even just send a message that they were thinking and praying for us. I am going off little sleep right now, but I wish I had the words to tell everyone how much their prayers helped today. I should not have felt the peace and strength that I did with the circumstance- today was a MIRACLE.


The kids and did our mile around the park


My dad taking the run serious for his son in law!


The surgery was supposed to be done at 1:30, so when 2 came around and then 2:30, I was feeling really nervous! I went to the park again across the street, put my music in and tried to run off the nerves. I didn't make it very far though with my jittery legs feeling like jello, so I walked for a bit, and then sat down and just decided to be still. It felt good to take in the scenery around me and look at the beautiful Utah mountains that I have missed so much the last 8 months. Then my favorite song, the one that always brings me so much comfort, came on- "Savior, Redeemer of My Soul" I soaked in the peaceful calm as I looked at the beauty around me, the gorgeous snow-capped mountains, the green grass, the blue sky, big green trees, and the world that God has created. I breathed in the sweet air, and just sat with tears of gratitude as I thought of how much the Lord has blessed me. I felt God's love for me, for Jed, and for all of you. I thought of faith as I looked at the enormous mountain in front of me- that faith can move mountains. I really felt like today a mountain was moved. 


A very long two hours later, I got a call from the surgeon that Jed was in recovery and that he was doing great and that the surgery was a success. MIRACLE!! I will do a post soon about the outcome we had with Jed's surgery 10 years ago, but to say it was traumatic would be an understatement. I am feeling beyond blessed and grateful for the outcome today- and especially for your love and support. I am forever changed from your kindness and will spend the rest of my life paying it forward. God bless you all for being there today for me. I will never forget it. 
As I mentioned above, today I got messages and texts from people running for Jed and praying for us. Many I knew, and a lot didn't even know us- but saw the call and jumped into help someone in need.
It reminded me of one of my very favorite true stories ever when a family got caught in a riptide on a beach in Panama Beach. There were no lifeguards to help, and when others saw their distress- they jumped in to help. 80 strangers came together and formed a human chain to reach the family far out at sea to bring them safely to shore. They saved their lives- because they saw someone in need, and did what it took. 
Today I felt like that family in the riptide. It came out of nowhere, and caught us by surprise, but because those around us saw us struggling, they jumped in to help and buoyed us up, and brought us in to shore. I know this trial is not over- but you all came running as soon as you knew and when we needed it most- and I can see us getting through it now. For that I will forever me grateful. People are GOOD.


Comments