The Good, the Bad and the UGLY



2 days after Jed’s scary unconscious episode, I was still very rattled and had a lot of anxiety.
He couldn’t make one weird face or do one funny move without my heart skipping a beat. I had to see where he was at all times, just in case something were to happen again.

Jed had taken off work to figure out what was causing all this (before we knew it was the tumor) and asked me if we could take the kids on a walk or bike ride around the neighborhood. I LOVE riding my beach cruiser so I was excited to go. Just as I was a few houses down the street, I saw a woman getting out of an unfamiliar car with a covid mask on, carrying luggage. She was acting really funny, and was trying to not make eye contact with me.
But there was something about her hair that was very familiar and the more I looked, the more I realized that she looked just like my mom! As I was putting it all together, I looked past her to see a man in a mask as well acting just as strange. Then I realized … it was my parents!!
I almost crashed my bike as I swung around and pedaled back to them, dropping my bike in the grass, and running into their arms bawling like a little baby.
They were trying to sneak past me and were going to be sitting in our house when we got back from the bike ride, but they didn’t make it past my observant eyes haha!

They had planned this surprise trip months ago and even with the CoronaVirus felt strongly not to cancel it. I’m so glad they followed their instinct and came anyway, because it meant more to me than I can ever express. I actually slept that night for the first time in 8 days knowing they were there with me.

They were with us when we got the terrible news that the tumor had come back and were there to comfort us.

It was also so nice for them to entertain the kids while Jed and I were trying to cope with all this-



The next weekend they were supposed to go home, but they felt like they weren’t supposed to go yet, so they extended their trip to Monday. That Friday night, Jed started acting really strange and was not himself.
I started getting really concerned that something was wrong so my dad and I took Jed to the hospital where he was admitted to the ER where we spent almost 24 hours while they tried to figure out what was going on. It was mostly just Jed and I alone in the ER room, and as scary as it was, I am so grateful for the angels that were sent to comfort me at that time. The next day Jed was then was admitted to the Neuro ICU for 3 days while they did tests to see what was going on with his brain. Because of COVID-19 I was not able to go with with him. It was a very scary time and our oncologist team felt it was his tumor acting up and causing really strange symptoms.



We all felt really strongly that Jed needed to get the tumor out as soon as possible so we decided it was time to go home to Salt Lake and get this taken care of sooner than later. 
When Jed got discharged from the hospital, my mom went with him the next morning on a plane to Salt Lake, while my dad and I packed up the house and cleaned and left that night in our mini van with the kids. 



Thank goodness my parents decided to extend their trip! A huge miracle, and we are constantly seeing the Lord’s hand in this all. 

When Jed landed, he met with our dear friend and doctor Sean Strope, who was up all hours of the night helping me with all that has happened from the beginning, as well as Jed's surgeon Dr Jensen. This is our first time with this doctor and Jed felt SO good about him. He spent the first 30 minutes just getting to know Jed and he could really feel how much he cares. We are really nervous, but feel everything is going to be ok. 

"We didn't come this far, to just come this far" :)